- The towel went with me to the beaches of Lake Superior
- It traveled across the pond to Scotland in 2006.
- During that semester abroad, the towel accompanied me to England, Spain, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Italy (twice), Germany (where it provided a lovely blanket/pillow in the airport overnight), Greece, Santorini, and Poland.
- When my semester abroad finished, I backpacked around Europe for a little bit and my sister joined me for a couple weeks of it. Whilst in the Temple Bar area of Dublin, I went through a purge of stuff. My backpack was just getting too heavy. My sister urged me to give up my towel. My sentimentality won, and I gave up some shirts instead.
- Once again, the towel went with me to the beaches of Lake Superior.
- In 2007, my towel found itself in Colorado and North Carolina.
- In fall of 2008, the towel traversed many stops and ended up with me in Wonju, South Korea.
- That same year, it made a voyage to Hong Kong.
- I graduated from college in 2009 and spent some time in Odessa, Texas. My towel joined me.
- I left Odessa and moved to Saint Charles, Missouri... so did my towel.
- Again, the towel went with me to the beaches of Lake Superior.
- February of 2010 was the farthest west my towel has ever been: California.
- In 2010, it went to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico on vacation.
- That same year, it went to the Dominican Republic, the UP of Michigan and St. Louis.
- In September of 2010, it moved again... this time to Austin, Texas.
It is with me, like usual. I am writing this entry from a hotel room in Roswell, New Mexico. It will continue with me on my journeys. Keep tabs on it... and me by checking out my travel blog.
I would like to take a minute to say "Thank You" to my wonderful sister for giving me this towel!! I would also like to honor the late, great Douglas Adams for making this day possible. Happy Towel Day!!!
Now, for the moment, you have all been waiting for... a picture of my towel!