Being out in the country and the quiet is refreshing on every level (mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually etc). You never realize how badly you miss it until you come back.
So, here are some things I've experienced that I generally wouldn't have in the city:
1. Turkey out in the field strutting their stuff
2. Seeing a snake in the grass, knowing it wouldn't bother me if I didn't bother it, and not being bothered by sitting in the grass after that.
3. Picking wild asparagus
4. Hanging out with some carpenter bees
5. Raising some abandoned/injured squirrels
6. Bird watching (orioles, hummingbirds, robins, gold finches, barn swallows etc)
7. Rolling in the soft green grass
8. Star gazing on a clear night
9. Uncovering a neglected path that was butried under inches of dirt.
10. Squirrel hunting.
Definitely not your average city experiences. I am loving it. All of it.
It is a whole ton of work to rotate these images properly. I'm sorry for that, but I can't do anything about it right now.